TCI Hospital and The Math Lab Partners on STEM EducationJune 21, 2022
TCI Hospital to hold Medical Conference to combat Non-Communicable Diseases NCDsJanuary 16, 2023
Position: Emergency Department (ED) Physician
Location: Both Medical Centers
Job Summary: To deliver evidence-based medical care to patients attending the Emergency Department. To partake in Emergency Department medical coverage as required by roster.
- To examine, diagnose and treat patients with a wide range of health issues that can have physical, emotional and social parameters.
- To make appropriate and timely referrals to secondary/specialist care where required.
- Participates in allocating workload and ensures efficient management and effective patient care, ensuring that evidence-based care is provided to agreed standards within the cleared areas.
- Provides information to and communicates with the Chief of Medical Services regarding the development, monitoring, reviewing and assessing of personal competencies, skills and scope of practice and performance reviews of self and immediate staff.
- Review processes/practices to ascertain if there are better ways of working with the Department to enhance quality patient care service delivery.
- Maintains effective record management, ensuring all documentation is managed per Electronic Medical Record requirements & guidelines.
- Ensure that near misses, incidents and faulty devices are recorded, reported and investigated.
- Promote a caring environment where equality and diversity issues are respected.
- Ensure effective systems are in place to gain patient feedback on their experience of care.
- Hold an appropriate medical degree and, where necessary, Royal College / Boards / other certification in a speciality field of medicine.
- Current ACLS certification
- At least five years as a medical practitioner at an independent level in Emergency Medicine
- Current PALS, ATLS certification
Skills and Abilities
- Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to bring about change in a proactive manner.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional practice standards, evidence-based practice and client/community needs
- Excellent report-writing skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, negotiation, influencing, leadership and conflict resolution skills in service management
- Project management skills
- Budget management and resource planning
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Reliable with excellent work ethic
JOB DESCRIPTION PROVIDED UPON REQUEST.
Salary $83,000.00 per annum
Allowances $44,520.00 per annum
Interested applicants may submit an application to: Recruitment@interhealthcanada.tc
Deadline for Applications: Thursday, 5th January 2023.